Research Office (originally - research sector) was founded by the order of Irkutsk Mining Institute (INRTU now) №6/157 of January 10, 1932.
INRTU Research Office is a structural subdivision of the University providing organization, coordination and development of national budget and contractual research, scientific-technical, scientific-production works and services and thus contributing to quality training of specialists and staff of the highest qualification in accordance with the University profile and mission.
The main tasks include as follows:
- Carrying out research, engineering and design, engineering and prospecting, design, technological, development and experimental works for creating new knowledge, establishing and developing new scientific schools aimed at specialists training quality improvement and professional development of INRTU teaching and research staff.
- Development and realization of scientific and technical products, small-scale and low-tonnage science intensive products.
- Rendering scientific and technical, consulting service in all areas of its activity.
- Production and realization of consumer goods resulted from R&D works.
- Realization of intellectual activity products.
- Implementation of external economic activity on behalf of the University in accordance with applicable laws.
- Production of any other products, rendering any other services and carrying out any other activities that do not violate applicable laws.
- Cooperation in protection of INRTU intellectual property, researchers’ and developers’ author rights.
- Regular activity improvement following audit results, data analysis, corrective and preventive actions, administrative analysis.