Program Renewable energy
Area of study: 13.04.02 Electric power engineering and electrical engineering
Level: Master degree
The master’s program “Renewable energy” involves students in research and production activities and is focused on the practical solution of the problems of operating renewable energy sources and developing power supply systems. The purpose of the program: training of elite specialists in the field of power supply systems with renewable energy sources:
- for working with national and foreign companies on joint research in the field of renewable and alternative energy sources;
- for the design and implementation of renewable energy systems.
- for increasing human resources potential in the field of renewable energy;
Master students have the opportunity to participate in a joint double diploma program having passed the first year of study at IRNITU, the second - at the Wroclaw University of Science and technology (Poland), and receive 2 diplomas.
Possible jobs for graduate students.
The customers are enterprises of the electric power industry specializing in the creation and operation of autonomous power supply systems, as well as the creation, operation, and conduct of scientific research in the field of renewable and alternative energy sources.
EDUCATIONAL MODULES INCLUDE:
emergency modes in electric power systems;
protection and control of power supply systems, including distributed generation;
numerical and optimization methods;
electromagnetic field theory;
control systems for electrical machines;
theory of control of electric networks;
energy storage system;
digital measuring systems;
control of renewable energy generators.
COMPETENCES and SKILLS:
- the ability to assess the energy potential of renewable energy resources of the territory;
- knowledge of the theoretical foundations of energy conversion of renewable energy resources;
- the ability to conduct a comparative feasibility study of power supply options;
- ability to design power supply systems with elements of renewable energy;
- willingness to carry out operational activities;
- ability to choose renewable energy equipment for specific conditions.
- training on modern equipment of foreign and Russian manufacturers.
Length of study: 2 years
Tuition fee per year: 220,000 RUB ( ~ 3,400 USD)